Okay, so you know I’ve been moving around for about 20+ years. With each move, there is a time when you have to find the grocery store, get the kids settled, find doctors, hairdressers, and kids’ activities. All of this takes time and effort…a huge amount of effort. But I’ve always been able to do it. And as you expected, I’ve always done it on my own. Adam would be getting settled at work and there wouldn’t be any friends around to offer guidance.
Boy have things changed!
Now that I’ve moved back to my hometown, people are coming out of the woodwork to help. I’m talking about people I haven’t seen or spoken to in 20+ years. What truly amazes me is they are sincere. They WANT to help. It has really taken me off guard. I’m not suspect that they are expecting anything out of it. I’m amazed how effortlessly they are giving.
Here are some examples:
1) A friend has offered (and followed up on) assistance with getting the kids involved in the local sports teams.
2) Another friend has planned a dinner gathering.
3) The local real estate agents (who are friends) are looking for houses, but said if I end up finding one on my own there is no obligation to them. And they will run the comps to help me make a proper offer.
4) My parents neighbors are coming over to tell me of potential houses coming on the market because someone may be going into the nursing home. (yes, this happens often here.)
5) And I have a dear friend who called me last night and talked to me for about an hour. He reminded me of who I used to be and how much fun I was. There was no sugar-coating. It was true love at its finest.
So I would like to say, people are amazing. Thank you all for following this blog. I continue to open my heart to you.
Goal of the Day: Off to see my roommate from college and leave all this crap behind.
Thankful moment: When friends take charge.
Rant of the Day: Mom, please don’t scream out “the marriage is over” in front of my kids. Either don’t comment or say we are divorcing. There’s no need for drama.
Adam update: Why is he flirting with me?
Guiding card of the Day: Cupid – open my heart to love.